“But that’s no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything—and I do mean everything—connected with that old way of life has to go. It’s rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.” Ephesians 4:20-24 MSG
It’s so much easier said than done isn’t it? We know that we need to
walk in a new way of life but it’s so much easier to live in comfort. The comfort of the old brings us a false sense of security. We get tricked into thinking that the old life was a better way of life because we don’t realize the necessity of the newness we need for our own development. Do we really need to develop though? What is wrong with the familiar? Nothing is wrong with familiarity, the problem is when we allow ourselves to get stuck in it and stunt our personal growth.
Here is a list of some practical ways to start living in your “right now”:
- Forgive your yesterday and move forward (It’s okay that you made mistakes in life, it’s all apart of the seasoning of life. If you can acknowledge that you have a past and God doesn’t care about it today, nothing will be impossible with Him)
- Pray and fast to help renew your mind (Releases tension, connects you to God, keeps you in peace and grace, brings unspeakable joy)
- Read God’s Word as it will reveal more to you about yourself than you thought (It’s truth and light. It’s not always pretty. It helps to heal your inner being and strengthens you)
- Exercise (I know, I hate this one too, but I started an exercise routine again and it has helped immensely)
- Listen to good worship music and groove to it. (Enjoy it, dance to it, sing to it, cry with it, praise with it, get lost in it)
- Eat good (Another blah one but it does help to keep you balanced)
- Be Grateful, Humble and Content in all things! (This is self-explanatory yet when practiced will be bring great life peace to you)
Prayer: Father, Thank You for allowing me to live another day. Many have not seen another sunrise or sunset and You have given me that opportunity today. That I may live in my right now and put away all the rotten old life that once was. Thank You for a God fashioned renewed life that is producing character in me. I know that I am walking in truth with You, and I will not look back, I will only remember and be grateful I’m not who I use to be. I’m blessed to have things I can work on right now so that I may continue to walk in all the good You have for me and the peace that surpasses all understanding! Amen!